At Silvaris, we understand that selecting the ideal flooring for a project is a delicate dance between identifying the best options for the type of use and aligning with a client's preferences.
With a host of available options, it's helpful to understand the unique benefits each type of flooring can bring to a project. Your customers aren’t just looking for a product that fits the aesthetic of the project and their client’s wishes, but also one that offers durability, ease of installation and cost-effectiveness.
We offer a variety of surplus flooring options, each with its unique benefits and installation requirements:
- Hardwood floors: A classic choice, hardwood floors are durable and can last over 75 years if properly maintained. They require a solid subfloor for nailing the boards.
- Engineered hardwood: This style uses a thin layer of actual hardwood placed on top of plywood. It gives the look and feel of hardwood without the higher price tag. Installation involves tongue-and-groove interlocking with stapling to the subfloor.
- Laminate flooring: An economical choice, laminate flooring consists of a particleboard layer with an appearance layer and a transparent durability layer. It performs well in places without a lot of moisture and can be installed via tongue-and-groove interlocking or adhesive.
- Vinyl plank flooring: Also known as luxury vinyl tile (LVT), this flooring consists of a layered plank of a fiberglass base coated in PVC vinyl, followed by the appearance layer, and finished with a polyurethane coat. It's a great choice for use in kitchens and bathrooms due to its resistance to moisture. Installation methods include tongue-and-groove interlocking and adhesive.
- Carpet, tile, and other products: We offer American-made carpet and many sizes of tile in the most desired colors. Carpeting provides a warm, cozy feel underfoot and requires a carpet pad underneath for comfort and longevity.
Tile is a durable and versatile option that can be used in a variety of settings. Installation for these materials varies but typically involves securing the material to a subfloor or cement backer board with adhesive or other fastening methods. We also supply the necessary subfloor materials and adhesives to ensure a successful installation.
The Right Stuff: handy calculators, QuickBuys™ and friendly customer service
We're committed to providing what you need to increase your flooring footprint and offer options to your customers that cover every room of their construction projects.
We also offer a range of calculators on our website to help you estimate the amount of material you'll need for your project. These calculators can help you avoid overbuying while reducing waste, which benefits your customers, their clients and the planet.
Whether you're looking for the rustic charm of B-Grade hardwood or the perfect colors for vinyl flooring, we've got “The Rght Stuff”—from calculator and the buying process to great customer service support and state-of-the-art inventory management.
To explore our range of flooring options, visit our flooring page. If you have any questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team at (888) 856-6677 or sign up for QuickBuys™ and choose “flooring” to get the best deals emailed to you without having to lift a finger!